Our plant-based, vegan-friendly Dark Choc Caramel Popcorn cookies taste amazing on their own, but they are also incredible to use in home baking.
If you are looking for a simple, but extremely delicious vegan, raw treat then this one is for you! Pop this onto your shopping list and make it on the weekend - send us a pic or tag us in if you do!
Our Dark Choc Caramel Popcorn cookies just won an award at the Outstanding New Zealand Food Producer Awards 2022 (the ONLY plant-based cookie to win) - read all about it HERE.
VEGAN CARAMEL ALMOND BUTTER POPCORN BARS
- 175g Molly Woppy Dark Choc Caramel Popcorn Cookies
- 60g Coconut Oil melted
- Pinch of Salt
- 400g Medjool Dates
- 100g Almond Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 20g Popped Popcorn
- 70g Roasted Almonds (roughly chopped)
- 120g Whittakers 50% Dark Chocolate
- 1tsp Vegetable Oil
- 15g Roasted Almonds (roughly chopped)
- Grease and line a loaf tin, with baking paper hanging over the edge for ease of removing the slice.
- Place cookies in a food processor and blitz until they resemble fine crumbs. Add the salt and oil then blitz to combine.
- Press the cookie mixture firmly down in the base of the lined tin. Use a spoon to smooth it out evenly. Refrigerate.
- Wipe out the food processor and add the dates, almond butter, vanilla and salt. Blitz for 3-4 minutes until the mixture comes together to form a smooth paste. Tip into a bowl and mix through the popcorn and almonds. The mixture will be quite sticky - if you wet your hands it will be easier. Press the mixture down evenly over the biscuit base.
- Place the chocolate and oil in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Do not let the pot touch the water. Stir until melted and pour over the date filling. Scatter over the Almonds.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Carefully remove from the tin and slice with a hot knife.