Impress your friends with this super easy sweet treat from That Green Olive! We sent her some of our Triple Choccy Fudge cookies to create a recipe with and we are in LOVE with this ice cream cake!
If you are baking challenged or time poor then this is one attractive delicious cake you can easily re-create at home and show off to your friends and family. It's perfect to make in advance too which means more time to hang out with your loved ones when they come for dinner. Win win!
Our cookies are the next best thing to home baked and not only are they truly scrumptious on their own, they make wickedly tasty additions to your favourite desserts ... as proven below. A lot of love, care and passion goes into crafting our cookies - we create simple recipes but cram them with premium ingredients and bake them with love ... it's baking as it should be.
So without further ado, here is the recipe ... enjoy!
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE & BERRY ICE CREAM CAKE
- 250g cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 300g mixed berries
- ¾ cup berry jam
- 2 cups canned coconut milk
- ½ cup cornflour
- 2 boxes Molly Woppy Triple Choccy Fudge Celebration Cookies
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Grease an 18-20cm loose-bottom cake tin.
- To make the ice cream, blend cashews, berries, jam, coconut milk and cornflour until smooth. Transfer to a tin or container. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight, whisking occasionally for the first few hours to achieve a creamy consistency.
- To make the base, grind 1 box of Molly Woppy Triple Choccy Fudge Celebration Cookies in a food processor to a crumb. Reserve ¼ cup crumbs for the topping, and transfer the rest to a bowl. Add the melted coconut oil and stir to coat.
- Press firmly into the bottom of your prepared tin.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and allow to soften slightly. Reserve 6 cookies for decoration, and chop the remaining cookies into small pieces. Stir cookie pieces through ice cream.
- Spoon ice cream over base and press down. Sprinkle over reserved cookie crumbs and freeze for at least 6 hours to set.
- Remove cake from tin and arrange reserved cookies on top. Allow to soften for 15 minutes before cutting with a hot knife. Serve immediately.