You can't get a yummier salad than a tasty Caesar Salad. The crisp lettuce, eggs, bacon and chicken with parmesan ... it's perfection ... and we have found a way to make it even better by replacing the boring old croutons with our delicious Tasty'N'Cheesy Bites.
Creating memories over sharing good food is what we are all about here at Molly Woppy. We love that the food we make brings people joy and laughter - it's one of our why's and, therefore, one of our core values.
Our Tasty'N'Cheesy Bites are made with real cheese and have just the right amount of crunch, making them an incredible addition to your summer salad repertoire. They also make great little lunchbox fillers and taste amazing dipped into a bowl of your favourite hummus. The options are endless.
The Caesar Salad has been around for a while so why not try something new with it? and many people do. The original recipe, according to Huffpost, is that Italian-American Chef Caesar Cardini invented the salad in 1924 in his restaurant in Mexico. This has been disputed with another version that he threw the ingredients together to serve to friends at home, whatever the actual story is - we love this salad because it tastes so good, you can easily adapt it to your own tastes (although it must have anchovies in it) and it's usually available everywhere you go so you can always depend on it when you aren't sure on what to order.
"No matter where I am, especially when I'm on tour around the country, Caesar salad is my standby. In a random city and eating in random to-go restaurants, your'e kind of scared about trying things, but you can always count on a Caesar salad". - Sacha Baron Cohen
Let us know in the comments what your go-to summer salad is, and give our recipe a go - send us a photo or tag us in your posts; we'd love to know if you enjoyed it as much as we do.
Molly Woppy Tasty'N'Cheesy Caesar Salad
- 1/2 cup high-quality extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Chicken Breast - grill and chop or stir fry in olive oil and garlic
- 4 Rashers of Bacon - fry in olive oil until nice and crispy
- A Box of Molly Woppy Tasty’n’Cheesy Bites
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (plus more to taste)
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- 11 to 2 anchovies, minced
- 4 large eggs ( for the dressing and to hard boil)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 4 to 6 small heads romaine lettuce, rinsed, patted dry, wilted outer leaves discarded
- Cook your chicken and bacon and put aside ready for serving
- Combine olive oil and garlic and whisk together
- Add minced anchovies and eggs to the oil-garlic mixture and whisk until creamy, sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour in quarter of a cup of lemon juice and half of the parmesan cheese - stir until combined
- Tear up the romaine lettuce into chunks and add to the dressing with the rest of the parmesan and toss to combine, place in salad bowl
- Place your chicken and bacon over the top
- Hard boil your eggs to your desired consistency (we like runny the best) and cut and add to the top
- Break our Tasty’N’Cheesy Bites into halves and sprinkle on top of the salad